Lets make an outline of the steps in the process. I am going to go on a lot of information that others provided and I have not had patience to test, so in both instances my own ideas and others information it can be wrong. But in general Imbue process seems very good and sends your Legendaries in good direction. At the time of writing I have got one of my 2 items imbued and it is in 40ties, -I am happy with the the progress so far.
What does one need?
Weapon and class item of min level 100 of First Age, Second Age or Third Age. -It is said that in the end they arrive at very similar result but First Age Class Item and Weapon are easier to bring to the end, the other two (later age) items will require more work.
You want to Imbue your Item after certain modifications are done to the max because it will assist you with a higher starting point. They are:
- Star-lit crystal (Anfalas level 100+) upgrades done – legendary items before they are imbued allow for 3 upgrades. This is the 3 stars that light up in the area of the panel near DPS rating. After they are imbued they will allow this rating to go to level 69, each level after reaching last unlocked level will require another crystal or an in panel Mithrill coin purchase of the next level.
- An extra level of experience unlocked and your item or weapon now can achieve level 70 experience instead of regular default level of 60. It is obtained through use of appropriate level (Anfalas 100+) Scroll of Delving. It is good to raise DPS at level 70 to the max 1st. then raise the legacy you like the most next. -It will result in the highest unlocked level at the start. For non DPS, the legacies themselves you will need to apply Scroll of Empowerment (Anfalas level 100+) As we are working with 7 legacies that will require about 30 to 40 scrolls each raising starting unlocked min level by adding exp level 70 to un-imbued Legendary will save you some time and energy.
- An extra legacy slot revealed and your item or weapon now has 7 legacies instead of usual 6. -This is achieved through application of Anfalas level Crystal of Remembrance.
- All the 7 legacies that are installed in the item or weapon are the ones that you want to have there for the life of your new Best friend, the legendary weapon or the item. This is achieved by often deconstructing level 100 legendary items that you level in your legendary panel to level 30 in order to take the legacy you like out. Level 30 is the first level with allows you to take one of the legacies out at the time of deconstruct. As it is not a good idea to imbue item or weapon of lesser level then 100, regardless of it’s age. These earlier level Legendaries if slotted should be experienced to the end (level 60) to provide you with higher value relics and IXP (item experience) ruin to reapply to your final (level 100) legendary.
- If after application of Star-lit Crystals, Scroll of Delving and Crystal of Remembrance you do not want to take time to gain experience through adventuring, then you will need to apply some ruins of item experience that you were saving for this day in your Vault hopefully. And having done all this, making sure that all the legacies that you want are in place, all the crystals applied and your Legendary is at level 70 with all the points distributed. Now you are ready to go see the forge master to click “Imbue” button in his interface. That simple, new chapter in the life of your Legendary begins, finally!
A very thorough article on the process, with pictures. At Lotro Forums:
DADI’s Guides to everything are just excellent drop in there to quickly check this one:
Here is a Video on top of everything else that at this point is unnecessary to watch, but who would not watch a video for the fun of it? Besides Thomas Huayra made many videos for all of us and if you have not seen one, maybe it’s time to get introduced.
My personal feel is that it would not be a good idea to mix trait tree line abilities in the list of the legacies that one lines up with the 7 available in weapon and 7 that are available in the class item. Usually stacking more of the same always produces positive result.
Here is the list of all legacies with information on how they will change after the imbue process. It is a good idea to get to know this list a bit before you are ready to imbue so that you would take the legacies you like from slotted Legendaries used for the purpose of farming legacies. In other words, make up your mind about what you want and go for the pile of scrolls that you think you need to get ready for the imbue time.
The wiki page: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Legacies_Index
And a bi-lingual English – Russian page: https://lotrotools.pw/legacies.php
- Get weapon / Class Item you like to stick with for a while.
- Experience to your Legendary to level 40, then add / change legacies to the same level (age does not matter, but level does, lover level legacies will not work in higher level item) as your legendary that you saved from deconstructs, making all legacies the ones you like.
- Unlock 7th legacy and add it in.
- Unlock extra 10 levels of experience overall with total available at 70 and experience your item to that level.
- Add 3 Star-lit crystals at some point before the imbue.
- When all is done go to Forge master and in their panel click “imbue”.
- All done, now keep getting scrolls of empowerment and star-lit crystals to unlock more levels till all of them make it to 69, Mithrill coins provide an alternative to leveling your DPS and legacies as well.
Enjoy and thank you for reading.